Dot Net team at Maven Infosoft has developed Microsoft SharePoint Server Mini Calendar Webpart. This MOSS 2007 Mini Calendar Webpart allows administrator to select any of the list to configure with the calendar. Calendar displays all the tasks, events in the calendar. Upon selecting the list, all the events/tasks will show in Mini calendar by highlighted background to the date. On mouse hover to that date, a popup will appear with all the events/tasks for that day. On clicking that link of the events/tasks, the page will redirect to that task/event page.
It is easy to install. Easy to configure. With rich functionalities.
Working with MOSS Mini Calendar:
There is often need to share information about important dates, appointments and meetings. The MOSS Mini Calendar provides all information.
When you import MOSS Mini Calendar on site it looks like as follows:
When click on Modify Shared Web Part (right top corner) of Fig. 1, it looks like as follows:
( Fig. 2 )
What you see on right side of Fig. 2 are custom properties of the mini calendar.
- About us: When click on this, it displays company details in popup window.
- Select a list: It contains variety of contents like documents, form and templates, master page gallery, web part gallery etc.
- Select a display column: It contains different columns like name, title, created by, modify by related to selected list item. What you want to display on calendar please select from this list.
- Select a view to filter calendar items: select which items to display related to calendar item.
- Select a date column to base the calendar on: Means which items to display related to date column (e.g. created, modify).
- Select a Background Color: It sets calendar date cells background color.
- Select a Body Text Color: It sets calendar date cells text color.
- Select a Border Color: It sets calendar border color. It also sets calendar’s title back color.
- Select a Border Font Color: It sets calendar’s title fore color.
- Select a Highlight Color: It sets color on that cells where there are some events display in popup window by moving mouse over on cell as follow-
- Select a Highlight Font Color:
- Select a Day Header Background Color: It sets the calendar’s day header background color.
- Select a Day Header Fore Color: It sets the calendar’s day header font color.
- We need to make sure that timer job is running from:
- Check whether solution is deployed or not.
- If it is deployed then they can go ahead and activate feature manually by going to site collection
By setting all above properties, click on OK button it display as Fig.1. Now When you take mouse over the highlight cell it display popup window as follow –
When click on any items it goes to that particular page.
Calender Webpart Configuration: Webpart Properties
Administrative Tools >> Services >> Windows SharePoint Services Timer
If service is not started please start it.
From – Central administration >> Operations >> Solutions
Site Actions >> Site Settings >> Modify All Site Settings >> Site Collection Features.